1) I take pictures of everything. I document everything my children and I do as a family.
2) I’m keeping count of how many books I read this year. I thought it would be interesting. So far I’m at 13.
3) I never used to laugh out loud at anything funny (like on tv). I used to watch everything in dead silence.
4) I stopped dancing when I was 15. My sister mocked me at a party and I never danced after that…
5) …until I went to a music festival. Eden. I danced again, until the early hours of the morning, for the first time in 16 years.
6) I love to read. And I love to write.
7) I enjoy just being in *that* persons company. To hold his hand and just sit. It’s lovely.
8) I’m prone to nightmares. I get a lot of between-waking-and-sleeping nightmares.
9) I once trained myself to pick up spiders with my bare hands. (I have arachnophobia). I can’t do it anymore.
10) I’m terrified of vets
11) I don’t like birds, rabbits, or horses. They’re all weird and creepy.
12) I can’t grow long hair. It breaks when it gets to my shoulders and ends up hugely damaged and split.
13) Three of my children have special needs.
14) I think I’m not a very good mother anymore. Im reactive. I don’t have the patience I had even 5 years ago. It’s all gone.
15) I wish I was as thin as when I thought I was fat. Any of those times would do. I’d take that body over this any day.
16) My favourite intimate thing to do is to kiss someone. I could do kissing for hours.
17) I spent over a year not shaving my body hair. I loved every minute. I shaved maybe 3 times the following year.
18) I have a passion for Elvis (’68 onwards) and gave it as a middle name to my last baby.
19) I get migraines. They are usually hormonal
20) My best friend and I used to play ‘thigh wars’ whenever we got drunk
21) The person I used to consider my very best friend secretly told people we were in a relationship. We’re not friends anymore.
22) My brother and sister used to play tricks on me. They once caught a huge spider and put it under my pillow. When I went to bed it crawled out.
23) My very first ‘own’ thing that I was allowed to choose was a pillow from my grandma and grandads caravan. It had big painted flowers on it and I adored it.
24) I don’t know if I ‘have standards’ or if I’m just desperate not to be judged
25) I’d love to travel but have never been in an aeroplane
26) I don’t think I have enough things to go on this list
27) I often see things that aren’t there. I blink, readjust my vision and it’s usually okay
28) I spent years thinking my sisters dead dads ghost was whispering in my ear as I fell asleep. I was terrified every night.
29) I couldn’t sleep without sound and noise until I was 32. Then I trained myself to sleep without either.
30) I don’t want any more children. Because I don’t think my other children would cope with a baby. Much as I would like to see them lose themselves in love
31) I sometimes have an overwhelming need to paint, or write, or draw. When the urge is satisfied it can be months before I feel it again.
32) I long for waist length, thick hair. Mine has never been past my shoulders.
33) If I could change my life, I would
34) I have two tattoos. I want so many more
35) I have a couple piercings. I think I would like many more but whenever I mention getting more on my face, everyone (children included) say no, please don’t
36) I am still in love with someone who will never love me back. I am slightly more hopeful although not by much. Maybe 99% sure he will never love me back.
37) My favourite peanut butter is Skippys smooth
38) I love pancakes!
39) I once smashed my own face with a tennis bat
40) I spent my childhood outside, making my own fun. I’m surprised I didn’t end up in the hospital on at least 3 occasions that I remember.
41) I’m pretty sure I have dyspraxia and that’s where the children get it from
42) I often have bad dreams. Often like, all night long for weeks on end. This is one of those weeks.
43) I’m starting to think that real love doesn’t exist. I don’t doubt love but I doubt the ability of others to love me that way. Selflessly.
44) I’m glad I reached adulthood. Now I have to work on being young again.
45) I love Doctor Who. From the 9th doctor up.
46) I first read LOTR when I was 11. I read it every year after that right up until I was 30
47) I was invited to attend nursing at university but I declined my place.
48) I would love to have someone cook for me. Like a proper, real effort meal
49) I spend a lot of my time perplexed, bamboozled, confuddled.
50) I made it to 50! Again (but phew it was hard this time)
Would you please do some or just one? Feels kind of lonely out here.